Lets recap the past year very quickly...
1) From October 2010 to October 2011, I was working as a receptionist at the office of a very good family friend. (A doctor's office). Which, BTW, is a big part of the reason I have not blogged in a long time because *here comes a list within a list*:
a) After being on a computer all day long, I did not want to come home and jump in front of another computer
b) Working at a doctor's office makes it very difficult to have anything to discuss on a blog; not because nothing happens, but because everything happens because of the patients which you cannot disclose anything about them. AT ALL. Therefore, any stories would sound like: "this one person said this one thing somewhere in the city of Tallahassee." Not very interesting.
2) In February, hubby and I enlarged our family by adopting a puppy! Brinkley is a German Shepherd. He is now 10 months old and about 90 lbs. Our friends tell us he can no longer be classified as a "puppy." In fact, one of our friends regularly refers to him as a moose. He is still my puppy though.
3) In June, we celebrate 1 wonderful year of marriage. We rented a condo on the beach and had a wonderful time... and that is all I can say.
4) In August, hubby graduated with his Masters in Applied Economics. He was very handsome in his cap, gown, and hood. And yes, he pulled the hood on top of his head to look like a grim reaper, but in gold. We followed this by a cruise to the Bahamas with my parents, his dad and stepmom, and my brother and his wife.
5) In October, hubby got a raise! Yay! And I resigned from my job to become a stay-at-home wife and have the opportunity to pursue my dream of teaching. The only flaw in this plan is how much I love being a stay-at-home wife. Fortunately, hubby is amazing and he only wants me to go back to work if I want to go back to work. Right now, I love being at home!
6) I have discovered Pinterest! I LOVE IT!! It gives me all sorts of ideas to satisfy my craft side, my loves to bake side, my desire to learn new recipes side, and my dream about my future home side... all in one amazing site! My next blog will be a couple of the projects from Pinterest that I have actually done along with pictures... I'm sure you can hardly wait!
So that is our life in the past year in a nutshell. Isn't life exciting?!?
Hubby and I at Tallahassee's Winter Festival