Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I am so excited about the things that God is doing in the life of the Nolls!

1. Earlier this year, I finally got a teaching job! I have been searching and praying for a teaching job since I graduated FSU in May 2010. (Well I've actually been praying about it since I was a child.) The first August after graduating, school started and I didn't have a job. I was devastated. It is probably the most I have questioned my life and my dreams and even the path that I thought God had put me on. I don't know how I would have made it through without my beloved husband. Throughout the next year, I worked two jobs at the same time (which was rough) while Austin finished up grad school. Finally, Austin graduated and got a job (yay!) Less than a month later, he got a raise (double yay!) He was now making enough that I could resign from my job (Sorry Dr. Currieo) and focus on looking for a teaching job. As I spent time at home, I discovered that I love being a stay at home wife and focusing on my husband and our home. Through it, we saw we could live comfortably on only Austin's salary. Austin told me that I didn't have to work unless I wanted to. I figured out through all of this that I really only wanted to work in a Christian school. As I stated at the beginning of this post, I got a teaching job for next school year. I am so excited about the school! It is a Christian school here in Tallahassee that is a hybrid program. The students are in school Mon-wed and then they are home schooled by their parents Thurs-Fri. The teachers send home lesson plans for the home school days. I absolutely love the set-up of the program. The school focuses on academic excellence, moral excellence, spiritual excellence, and leadership combined together for a God-centered, well-rounded education. I am an assistant teacher this year. I hope that I can show what I can do and hopefully get to have my own classroom next year. But for now, I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of this environment and so thankful to get back into the classroom.

2. The second exciting event is that Austin got another promotion! He started his new position on Monday. He is now in management. When talking about his new position, it is the position that he had been looking for when he was preparing to graduate grad school. At that point, either the companies weren't the right fit, or they required traveling for five days out of the week. As we did not want that in our lives, we moved away from that route. God saw fit to bring us back to the perfect job for Austin.

3. Finally, we are in the final stages of buying a house! We will be closing at the end of July. I could not be more excited about this house! It was built in 1950s, so it does need a little updating. I am even excited about that. It has a lot of charm and I can't wait to put my stamp on it through the decorating. I promise pictures when we close. I can't wait to move in. Although, I am not loving packing up our townhome. How did we get so much stuff into this place???

Whew! What a crazy whirlwind summer it has been, and it is not done yet! Praise the Lord for his faithfulness to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment